Saturday, May 31, 2008

I am taking a study break and I need to know if this: is a bad "font" day in livetext land? What the hell is going on with the font? When I click finish 1/2 of my work is in the teeny tiny font and half is in small. I clicked edit and highlighted the print; went to font and clicked on small; hit save and finish and WALAH....1/2 and 1/2! This has not happened for a long long time.
I oh so wanted to blog something positive. But fate has stepped in. Oh- The font and alignment is funky on my other project.
Okay here's a positive thing. I do prefer to work on a live text document rather than a word doc within livetext because of the crazy way the document shifts (yes I was tempted to write &*#*'s) when you type.
Can you cuss on these blogs?
I did the survey last week, but how do you know that I completed it?
And how sad just when I am getting the hang of this blog thing: time is up!

10 comments:

shawnaedwards said...

HELP with links!
Dianne showed us how to create links from one page to another on livetext, but it isn't working for me. The page will come up where I can select a document to link, but then it says error. Nothing happens. Can you help me???

BigTom said...

I am meeting with Jen wednesday around 1:00 to help her set up her links. If you want I will camp out before class Monday (4:30-5:00) to help with this as well.

BigTom said...

Annie> there is no reason that you cannot keep on posting to blogs once that class is over.

manipulating the font tool is always tricky business. if you do figure it let me how you did it.

Erin Parker said...

Nothing new to report. I figured out how to link my projects into the final portfolio. It was a lot different on the mac, but it was pretty easy.

Abby said...

Tom, I think it would be super if you were there prior to class on Monday to show us how to set up the links again! I feel like I could probably take better notes this time!

Melanie Y. said...

At this point I do not have any concerns. Since there are so many concerns with the links I tried it out myself and they worked. Just make sure you are hitting the button next to the spell check and then scroll through your documents to find the appropriate one. What will we do without the weekly amusement of Annie Pepper's blog!!!

RSleight said...

Live text took my lesson 4 with no problems...

Anne said...

why does live text delete work I've typed in sometimes when I press enter...it has happened a few times and I'm not sure why...maybe I've hit another key too ...don't know@!@

Amy said...

Big Tom, I cannot meet today before class but do have office hours? I just want to make sure about the links also. Overall, I think LT is difficult initially until we figure out all these little steps and then it is bearable. I will not say easy but for the most part it works. By the way, I suggest we find a way to make LT compatible with Vista. It totally sucks that I cannot do this from home. Thanks a bunch and email me at am401503@ohio.edu about your office hours this week. Thanks!!!

BigTom said...

Amy I am sorry I missed your comment
I will be around McCracken tomorrow from 2-5.